Have you heard? Winter is coming. That means it’s time to start thinking about festive decorations built out of LEGO! Let’s take a look at – a mysterious 510 piece set that will be released on October 1st. LEGO sent us a review copy, but didn’t provide any additional details, so we don’t yet know prices, or where exactly it’ll be available, or even the official set name. In the meantime, though, we can explore the parts, packaging, and multiple building options that this set has to offer. It sure looks like a wreath, but maybe it’s a Yuletide Frisbee or something.
Here in the U.S. and around the world, the end of the year brings a number of holidays and festivities, and under normal circumstances, a trip to the ballet to see The Nutcracker is a major holiday tradition. Well, in the midst of a global pandemic you will be able to bring a little bit of the Nutcracker home for the holidays. LEGO’s holiday BrickHeadz this year is . Although LEGO was able to send us an early review copy, we still don’t have the price, but we presume it will be $9.99 like other standalone BrickHeadz. It will be available starting October 1 and has 180 pieces.
江苏快三走势图According to , the new Adidas ZX 8000 designed in collaboration with LEGO, will go on sale next Friday, September 25. The retail price is expected to be USD 130. The new sneakers will be available at select retailers, but it seems that the easiest way to grab a pair will be via adidas.com. The full set of official product pictures was published today, too, so feel free to jump under spoiler to take a closer look.
If you watched Star Wars beginning with Episode IV: A New Hope as many of us born in the decades before the Prequel Trilogy did, the first planet in a “Galaxy Far, Far Away” you ever saw on screen was Tatooine. But the enormous universe that Luke Skywalker and Ben Kenobi lived in truly came alive only when they first stepped into the cantina in the Mos Eisley Spaceport — “This place can be a little rough,” Old Ben warned Luke. LEGO’s latest set in its Master Builder Series takes us deep into that “wretched hive of scum and villainy” with 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina. It’s rare that I acknowledge up front in a review how excited I was personally about a forthcoming LEGO set. But I am, because my favorite planet in the Star Wars universe is still Tatooine, and my favorite place on the planet is Chalmun’s Cantina. Does it live up to my nearly life-long expectations? How does it compare to previous incarnations of this iconic watering hole?
75290 Mos Eisley Cantina is built from 3,187 LEGO pieces, and the product description states that it includes 21 minifigures “plus” R2-D2 the droid (a point we’ll return to later in this review)。 The set retails from the LEGO Shop for | | and is available to LEGO VIP Program members beginning on September 16, with general availability on October 1st。
Let’s strap a blaster to our hip, leave the droids to park the landspeeder, and step inside…
Today, there is no LEGO theme as special as Star Wars. Not only is it one of the fundamental LEGO universes, but it is also presented in almost every category of LEGO products: regular sets, junior sets, action figures, keychains, stationery, video games, and many more including, of course, more expensive exclusive sets. Apart from the Star Wars and Creator Expert / 18+ advanced building sets, there are not that many themes that have earned an exclusive product release. Thankfully, the LEGO Harry Potter joined the club in 2018 with the release of 江苏快三走势图71043 Hogwarts Castle. And just two years later comes another massive exclusive set, 75978 Diagon Alley. Despite being 500 pieces smaller than the gigantic Hogwarts castle, with its 5,544 pieces, it’s big enough to be the fourth in the list of the biggest LEGO sets released so far. Remarkably, both sets have the same price tag of | | , so let’s build the new one and find out whether it has more value for the same money.
江苏快三走势图Today The LEGO Group announced an increased commitment to sustainability and social responsibility, pledging to spend $400 million USD over the next three years to fast-track a variety of green initiatives and social programs. The most visible difference to fans will be the introduction of paper bags in LEGO packaging, which are set to replace the clear plastic bags that hold each step’s pieces in LEGO sets. The company plans to trial run the new paper bags next year, with the goal of making all its packaging sustainable by 2025. Tim Brooks, Vice President of Environmental Responsibility at The LEGO Group, said, “We have received many letters from children about the environment asking us to remove single-use plastic packaging. We have been exploring alternatives for some time and the passion and ideas from children inspired us to begin to make the change.”
The Frankenstein BrickHeadz will be available on the LEGO Online stores (Sept 15). As usual, the exact time of release may vary across regions. A new addition to the store is the Obi Wan Star Wars LEGO 20th Anniversary figure that was previously only available as a gift-with-purchase and if you feel lucky, you can order individual packs of the latest Harry Potter Series 2 collectible minifigures.
In addition to the amazing LEGO models created by builders all over the world, The Brothers Brick brings you the best of LEGO news and reviews。 This is our weekly Brick Report for the second week of September 2020。
The massive Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina set is the latest in the LEGO Star Wars Master Builder Series. Keep reading our Brick Report to get all the details.
TBB NEWS AND REVIEWS: This week we got to see LEGO’s collaborations with Adidas and Levi’s come to fruition, got a feel for the new Harry Potter CMFs, took a peek at the new group of qualifying builds for LEGO Ideas, went on a Haunted Hayride and more!
- LEGO 40423 Halloween Hayride [Review] – The days are getting colder, and longer, the leaves are starting to turn, and that means it’s time to go on a Haunted Hayride!
- LEGO’s new collaboration with Levi’s uses Dots for customizable clothing – Soon you’ll be able to wear your LEGO on your sleeve thanks to LEGO’s new collaboration with Levi’s, which brings a line of customizable clothing utilizing the Dots theme.
- LEGO Collectible Minifigures 71028 Harry Potter Series 2 Feel Guide [Review] – Hunting for Harry Potter Series 2? Download our handy cheat sheet to help you find exactly the figures you want!
- First Look: Unboxing of the LEGO and Adidas ZX 8000 sneaker collaboration – We get a first look at the unboxing of the LEGO Adidas ZX 8000 sneakers.
- Will the rules of LEGO Ideas change with a large number of projects achieving 10,000 votes? – LEGO attributes the large number of submission and support votes to the current effect of the pandemic but may consider future changes.
- This 3,000+ piece 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina is the next LEGO Star Wars Master Builder Series set – This place can be a little rough – LEGO announces the new 3,187-piece 75290 Mos Eisley Cantina set with a full set of images, including all 21 minifigures!
MORE TBB NEWS:
- LEGO Ideas second 2020 Results breaks record with 35 fan submissions qualifying for productisation review – The LEGO Ideas second 2020 Review period has ended and a total of 35 amazing submissions had the votes to qualify for review.
- Earn 150 LEGO VIP store points by answering a Harry Potter online quiz. – LEGO is giving away 150 VIP online points for simply answering a Harry Potter quiz correctly.
- Colorful and delightful LEGO merchandise from Chronicle Books – Chronical Books has a range of LEGO merchandise ranging from journals, to puzzles and postcards that are well designed and eye-catching.
- Free registration for LEGO House Fan Day event to be held on 24 September – LEGO House is back with a day of live sessions catered for the fan community to be held in September.
OTHER NEWS: There were quite a few other interesting LEGO news articles from around the web this week. Here are the best of the rest:
- , Financial Times – The Brothers Brick’s own Chris Malloy contributed to this article about vintage LEGO prices.
- , Forbes – Forbes interviews the designer of the Grand Piano Ideas Set.
- , Global Times – Nine people in Shanghai were sentenced up to six years in prison on Wednesday for infringing on the copyright of Danish toymaker LEGO, as China looks to take strict measures to protect intellectual property.
- ,License Global – The first-ever LEGO “Star Wars” costumes are officially launching.
- , Play Creator’s Conference – How do you become a LEGO designer? What goes into turning classic TV shows like Seinfeld into a LEGO set? And what inspired LEGO Art range, the firm’s new line of sets that allow fans to create LEGO pop art masterpieces?
LEGO’s new collaboration with clothing brand Levi’s is the next step for the Dots theme introduced early this year. Teased last week, the new clothing line for adults and kids will feature small patches of material similar to the LEGO Dots bracelets sewn onto a variety of jackets, hats, accessories, and of course, denim jeans. The small patches of studs can then be adorned with LEGO elements drawn from the Dots theme. The brands are being shy about details as yet, though, with no word on the specific pricing or when you can expect to be able to purchase them. LEGO has also recently unveiled a collaboration with athletic brand Adidas.
While a few images of the set were revealed in our article last week, today LEGO is fully revealing the next Star Wars Master Builder Series set, . The newest version of the iconic Star Wars location includes 3,187 pieces. It is accompanied by 21 minifigures (plus Artoo), including many characters that have never appeared in any other LEGO Star Wars set. The set will retail for | | EUR 349.99 starting sales on September 16 for LEGO VIP members and then globally from October 1, directly via LEGO.com and LEGO Stores.
With the newest wave of Collectible Minifigures, , now available on store shelves, that means it’s time to bring you our Feel Guide, the best way to know what you’re buying before you fork over your hard-earned cash. Veteran fans know that LEGO’s blind bags have plenty of tells, and if you’ve got a little bit of patience you can determine each and every figure without opening a single pack. This means you can buy a full set of 16 unique figures without getting unwanted duplicates, and we’re here to help with a downloadable cheat sheet to get you started.
LEGO Collectible Minifigures 71028 Harry Potter Series 2江苏快三走势图 are available now for | | . They may also be available from third-party sellers on and .
This month’s cover photo, from , features the Gods of Olympus. From Hades to Zeus, Aaron has recreated these Greek Mythological Gods in LEGO, while capturing the essence of what makes each of these mythological characters unique. Hit up Aaron’s blog post .
And if you’re looking for even more Greek minifigs, Aaron has also recreated some of the most well-known Mortals and Monsters from the pantheon of Greek myth. I’m a big fan of Icarus, who looks to have just flown too close to the sun, but honestly, these all look great.
your LEGO creations for a chance to be featured across TBB social media for a month! Check out the 江苏快三走势图submission guidelines江苏快三走势图 share your builds today.
Keep up with The Brothers Brick by liking us on and following us on or . And for extra goodies, follow us on , , or subscribe to us on .